Hudson's year in photos for 2010.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grandpa Stringfellow

Today marks 5 years since my father, and Hudson's grandfather, passed away. It fills me with regret and sadness that Hudson will never know the man that he inherited his strong determination, fair skin and blue(ish) eyes from.
As I see Hudson grow older and develop more of his personality I see more and more characteristics reminiscent of my father. And, every once in a while, I catch a glimpse of my little guy and it reminds me of the framed pictures that hung in my grandmother's hallway of my dad when he was a little toddler.

Today, I took a break from my busy life and went to sit with my dad in the warm, spring, California sun. I miss him more than words can say.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

really nice ash. love you

honeysuckle said...

I am sorry too that Hudson will not know him. You will have to help him by remembering him and sharing with him. Thank you for this post. It was very touching to me. Love you so much

Bren said...

I remember sitting behind you and your dad once in Church and he had his arm around you I saw how much he loved you. It was right after my dad had passed. I know how much you miss him. I never knew one of my grandfather but I still feel very close to him because of what my father told me about him. So tell Hudson all that you can about his grandfather.

Post a Comment

Followers